Valentine’s Day may be traditionally associated with sweet treats like chocolates but why not try something different this year?
Some smoothie recipes are perfect choices for the big day, with a creamy sweet taste, vivid reds and pinks, and with the added bonus of all the health benefits of smoothies.
I’ve got here 5 great smoothie recipes for Valentine’s day that you can share with your sweetheart at different times of the day - could be for breakfast, dessert, a snack and more.
The servings are for two people so grab a straw each and enjoy the benefits!
Before we go to the most romantic smoothies, I'd like to give you a free copy of my new "Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes" ebook - the recipes I used to lose weight with natural homemade smoothies.
Click the button below and I'll send it to you!
Also check out this video on a super healthy berry and beet smoothie that’ll give you a nice energy boost:
Valentine’s Day Breakfast Smoothie -
Strawberry & Peanut Butter
Want to start Valentine’s Day off with a romantic breakfast-in-bed smoothie?
The pink-red color is sure to make you both get in the Valentine’s mood and it’s full of ingredients to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
The fiber in the strawberries and protein in the peanut butter are great for keeping those cravings at bay… perfect if you’re hoping to save calories for a romantic meal in the evening!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup watermelon
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Optional - 1 tbsp honey for extra sweetness
- Blend all ingredients together in your blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a serving glass
- For the watermelon hearts - use a heart-shaped cookie cutter. You can either attach the hearts to the glasses or put on a thin wooden stick - see picture below.
Valentine’s Day Lunch Smoothie -
Berry & Banana Delight
Want to grab a quick lunch together on Valentine’s Day?
This fruity smoothie is a delicious and healthy combination of fruits, plus using soymilk over regular milk gives even more nutrients.
● ½ cup frozen organic strawberries
● ¼ cup frozen organic blueberries
● ½ frozen ripe banana
● 1 fresh ripe banana
● ½ cup fresh organic strawberries
● 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or unsweetened if you’d like to keep sugar down)
● Optional - 1 tbsp maple syrup (to sweeten)
1. Add the soymilk, all of the frozen fruit and maple syrup to your blender and mix until relatively smooth.
2. Add the fresh banana and blend again until smooth.
3. Add the fresh strawberries and blend again but do this gradually as you don't want the strawberries to be too mushy for this smoothie to work.
Valentine’s Day Dinner Green Smoothie
I love a green smoothie and this is one that works great for a Valentine’s dinner. It’s heart healthy, which is apt for Valentine’s Day!
It’s also full of omega 3 fatty acids and contains vitamin C for stronger immunity.
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- ⅕ cup peas
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 chopped apple
- I lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- Add the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Dessert Smoothie -
Dark Chocolate & Strawberry
This delicious but deceptively healthy smoothie makes the perfect replacement for a sinful dessert.
It’s the smoothie version of strawberries dipped in decadent chocolate, and who doesn’t love that idea on Valentine’s Day?
This dessert smoothie is no mere indulgence though; with dark chocolate, cocoa, Greek yogurt and berries, it’s packed full of antioxidants, protein and fiber.
You can top the smoothie with slices of strawberry - don’t forget it is heart-shaped! 🙂
- ½ cup fat free or low fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries or ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup ice if you’re using fresh berries
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a serving glass and drink straight away.
Valentine’s Day Vegan Smoothie -
Strawberry & Cherry Delight
Looking for a vegan Valentine’s smoothie recipe that’s totally yummy? This fruity concoction feels more like an indulgent treat than the healthy smoothie it actually is.
Best of all, it’s perfect for vegans who want to create the ultimate Valentine’s Day smoothie. You’ll love sharing this with your other half!
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional - 1 tbsp maple syrup for extra sweetness
For the chocolate sauce topping:
- Melt the dark chocolate on medium heat and stir often. Once melted, take off the heat and set aside while you prepare the smoothie.
- Add the strawberries, cherries, banana, milk, coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup to your blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top.
I really hope you enjoyed reading this post and got some ideas for smoothies you can make this Valentine’s Day? Please feel free to share it too.
As you can see, lots of smoothie recipes can be given a romantic Valentine twist.
Let me know in the comments which ones have inspired you the most!