Best 5 Healthy Greek Yogurt Smoothie Recipes
Greek yogurt is known as one of the best ways to add creaminess and nutritional value to your smoothies.
It helps to round out the sweetness of fruit smoothies, add depth and richness to green smoothies, and provide balance for other kinds of smoothies.
Here are my best 5 healthy greek yogurt smoothie recipes! I'm sure you and your family will enjoy them and want seconds.
Greek Yogurt - Filled with More than Great Flavor
Greek yogurt is a popular option in many diets and recipes for a variety of reasons.
It’s made by taking regular yogurt and removing lactose and liquid whey from it.
Differences between regular and greek yogurt
The Greek process makes this type of yogurt different from regular yogurt in the following ways:
- Taste and texture - Greek yogurt has a thicker texture than regular one, which makes it an ideal smoothie thickener as well as a great substitute for sour cream and crème fraiche. The taste is tangier - if you haven't tasted it before, definitely give it a try and see how you like it.
- Carbs - Greek yogurt contains about half the carbohydrates of a regular yogurt.
For the lowest carb count, choose the yogurts that contain less added sugar.
- Protein - Greek yogurt contains roughly double the amount of protein than regular yogurt.
This makes it ideal for workout smoothies, as well as feeling fuller for longer if you're looking to lose weight.
- Sodium - Greek yogurt is lower in sodium compared to regular yogurt - about half the amount!
- Fat - Normally, Greek yogurt contains almost three times the saturated fat of regular yogurt. That's why I always choose one of the non-fat or lower fat varieties.
Greek yogurt is available in plain or flavored, different fat concentrations in the milk, and from sources around the world.
Want to lose weight with smoothies?
Get our secret smoothie recipes e-book for free!
Delicious * Easy * Quick
What are the health benefits of Greek yogurt?
Here are some of the latest findings on the health benefits of yogurt:
Even without all of that, Greek yogurt is a delicious way to thicken your smoothies without extra sugar and carbohydrates.
These easy smoothie recipes with yogurt bring in the benefits of Greek yogurt while providing a delicious meal replacement option at any time of the day.
Our Smoothie Recipes with Greek Yogurt
There you have it - our best 5 health greek yogurt smoothie recipes!
Do you have your own favorite smoothie recipe with yogurt?
What are your favorite types of yogurts to add to smoothies?
Share with us in the comments below!