Healthy Hair Growth Smoothies – 6 Recipes You Must Try
Do you wish your hair was thicker, longer and healthier looking?
It’s not just genetics that can affect how your hair looks; your diet can also play a big part.
The hair follicles lap up nutrients so if you’re eating and drinking the right things, it’s a lot more likely to lead to hair growth and stronger, healthier hair in general.
This is essentially important during pregnancy. See here for pregnancy smoothies!
Some foods are proven to promote the growth of hair or inhibit loss. Here's how you can benefit from that:
I believe the recipes here can be the perfect smoothie hair treatment - a great way to add a heaps of these foods to your diet on a regular basis!
In this post I’m going to share some of the best ingredients to include in healthy hair growth shakes, plus some delicious ways to enjoy them.
>> Read more about the difference between smoothies and shakes! <<
I’ll also let you know which ingredients to avoid in your hair smoothies for the best results.
Can Smoothies Help Grow Your Hair?
Yes, smoothies can promote hair growth and slow the natural process of hair loss, if the smoothie you make includes certain ingredients.
The advantage of smoothies is that you can easily blend a ton of ingredients that provide the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients needed for healthy hair growth. As a byproduct, you'll also get plenty of goodies for your skin, as both use a lot of common nutrients for a correct functioning.
This includes ingredients that you might not otherwise get in your diet.
For example, a lot of people don’t get much silica in their diet despite it being such an important mineral for healthy hair and skin.
Recently, Kourtney Kardashian made famous the recipe that's behind her amazingly shiny hair, which brought publicity to the idea that our nutrition affect how our hair looks:
Vitamins and minerals proven to promote hair health
- Zinc, which is strongly linked to hair loss if there is a deficiency
- Iron, which has also been linked to hair loss in some studies if a deficiency is present
- Vitamin D to promote hair growth through cell regeneration on the scalp
- Protein for healthy cells, plus hair is actually made of protein!
- Vitamin C to fight against oxidative stress that can contribute to hair loss, and to produce collagen
- B complex vitamins to protect against hair thinning
- Vitamin E to reduce oxidative stress and reduce potential for hair loss
- Essential fatty acids to protect against hair loss
Which Ingredients to Include in a Hair Growth Smoothie?
Here are some of the foods that are great for hair growth smoothies and why they’re such a great choice:
- Cucumber is a great vegetable for hair growth, since its a good source of the mineral silica.
All of the connection tissues in your body are made from silica and it’s a key component of collagen for the health of your skin, hair and nails.
- Avocado is rich in a fatty acid called monounsaturated oleic acid, which is important for healthy hair follicles and helping to prevent brittle hair that breaks easily. It’s also rich in vitamin C and E.
- Papaya adds a tropical twist to any smoothie, plus a good boost of hair healthy vitamins C and E.
- Spinach is perfect for green smoothies and is packed with nutrients that can protect against hair loss.
- Nuts are full of omega 3 fatty acids and also contain B vitamins.
Ingredients to Avoid
On the other hand, some ingredients are best avoided when you’re aiming for hair growth, including:
- Sugary foods can contribute to hair loss, so it’s best not to add them to smoothies; stick to natural sweeteners such as honey - and in the smallest possible quantity you can.
- Too many omega 6 fatty acids can be detrimental for hair growth so don’t go crazy in adding sunflower seeds to smoothies, for example.
Hair Growth Smoothie Recipes
Here are our delicious and super healthy smoothie recipes to promote hair growth:
I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading this list and finding out about promoting hair growth through your smoothies!
If you have any comments or questions about using smoothies for hair growth, just let me know in the comments section.
And don’t forget to share the piece if you liked it and want to pass it onto other people who may find it beneficial too!